Our ExpertiseClients benefit from subject matter expertise developed though formal training and long experience working in government, diplomacy, the military, media, academia and consulting. Our work starts with traditional country-based geographies, and investigates the events, issues and markets within them that affect our clients’ interests.
Area StudiesWe cover the traditional geographies and jurisdictions of Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, as well as special regions such as urban, maritime and trans-boundary areas.
Social ScienceWe help clients understand the cultural, social and political dimensions of problems by applying qualitative and quantitative methods, working with large and small datasets, and delivering verifiable results.
Historical ResearchWe identify the historically relevant elements of current problems, establish the factual basis of past events and developments, and locate overlooked or prospective sources of archival evidence.
- Investigative research and analysis
- Research design and implementation
- Research project management
- Report writing and presentation
- Training in research & analytical tradecraft
- Collections appraisal and design
- Collections processing and management
- Data and case management
- Project and system design
- Translation services
- Reports, briefings and alerts
- Chronologies and lineages
- Maps, charts, and visualisations
- Datasets and databases
- Document collections
- Analog and digital archives