Thesiger & Company ('Thesigers') invites prospective contributors to its flagship publication, Current Intelligence, to submit essays for consideration for the Summer 2013 issue.
Summer 2013: THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
The Summer 2013 issue of Current Intelligence focuses on the Middle East and North Africa. Potential contributors are encouraged to submit original, well researched analytical essays on any relevant subject of current significance, but specifically dealing with major themes such as: territorial disputes, maritime governance, defence and security, environmental issues, natural resource extraction, regional cooperation, trade and industry, technology, communication, preservation of cultural heritage, architecture and urbanism.
Themes listed here should be considered illustrative rather than definitive.
Selected essays will be published in the Summer 2013 issue of Current Intelligence. Only the authors of selected essays will be contacted.
- Deadline for submissions is 31 May 2013;
- Essays must be 4,000-5,000 words in length;
- Essays must use British English;
- Rigorous in-text reference to sources and evidence is expected, but formal citations and footnotes should be kept to a minimum;
- Submissions are to be accompanied by an author bio sketch not exceeding 100 words in length, indicating affiliations and major publications or other significant achievements;
- Submissions are to be emailed to Terry Pattar at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email must state the following: "Submission: Summer 2013 issue of Current Intelligence";
- Each submission must be sent as an email attachment in editable format, accompanied by a cover note stating author credentials, prospective essay title, and a concise description of main argument(s), theme(s) and source(s) used;
- Contained in the body of the email should be an introductory note providing a very brief summary of the essay (one or two crisp sentences will suffice), author's qualifications, and full contact information.
About Thesigers: Thesiger & Company (‘Thesigers’) is a London-based research and advisory firm, providing a wide range of services to clients whose interests and activities demand in-depth knowledge of emerging and frontier markets. Current Intelligence is Thesigers’ quarterly bulletin of current affairs, published online (ISSN # 2044-3811) and in print (ISSN # 2052-3122).
Company registered in England and Wales.
Company registration number: 07234402.
VAT number: GB 135658985
© THESIGER & COMPANY LIMITED (‘THESIGERS’) 2010-2012. All rights reserved.